Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Art's Jealous Nature


Tuesday, February 28, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

It was wonderful to hear from you tonight.  I’m sorry about your cold.  Take good care of yourself now, my precious.  I’m glad your teacher took pity on you and let you go home.

Are you and Shirl going to see “The Devil’s Disciple” tonight?  I hope it’s good.  I see it got good notices in the papers.  I didn’t realize it was a comedy.  I thought it was a drama.

If you really want to go out with Shirl’s friend I guess maybe it’s okay but I will be jealous.  I think I have a very jealous nature, darling.  You know I love you very very much.

Now I’ve thought it over again and maybe I don’t want you to go out, after all.  (I can be possessive, too.)  By the way, tell Shirl I don’t think there can be such a thing as a cousin by marriage.

Well guess what I did?  I went to the movies with my folks and saw Battleground again.  They thought it was very good, too.

I think I’m going to leave this envelope open so if there’s anything important in your letter tomorrow I can answer it.  (Like if you’re coming home.)  I guess I’ll go to bed early.  What’s there to stay up for when you’re not here, my darling?

Lots of love,

Art

P.S.  It’s Wednesday morning and I just got your letter.  Sorry you’re not coming home this weekend.  I love you and miss you, darling.  I’ll mail this now.

Love,

Art

(Later today – The Devil's Disciple.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment