Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Women Take Over the House


Tuesday, March 14, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

Art's father, Arthur N. Price, a pencil
sketch by Art Price.
It’s five minutes till midnight so I’m barely getting this letter written today.  Five minutes till midnight and we just got the last of the women out of the house!  I think I told you that my mother was hosting a meeting of the executives of the women’s organization.  While they met, my father and I went to the movies.  When we came home, some were still here.  You know how women like to talk!

I found out today that I won the suit club that I belong to.  That’s twice I’ve won.  I’m lucky in more ways than one, sweetheart.  I know I’m lucky in one.

Are you having bad weather there?  It’s rained and sleeted all day and now there’s a couple of signs of snow on the ground.  I hope it clears up by this weekend.    Well, darling, I’m going to cut this short now and go to bed.  I’ll see you Friday night at eight.  Till then my darling, I love you.

Lots of love,

Art

(Tomorrow – one of those days when everything is wrong.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment