Monday, March 14, 2011

A Walk Along the Bowery


Fashion illustration by
June Anderson.
Monday, March 13, 1950

46 West 83rd Street, Apt. 7B
New York City, NY

Dear Art,

My darling, a terrible thing almost happened tonight.  I nearly forgot to write to you.

Shirl and I spent the night talking and of course I talked about you.  I got so homesick – already, my darling!  You see, I really do miss you.

Fifteen minutes ago we went to bed and I just lay there thinking about how much I would like to be out with you tonight.  Then all of a sudden I screamed and woke the girls up!  I
hadn’t written a letter to you!  How
could I ever have forgotten?  Especially when I thought of nothing but you all night.

I got here alright this morning.  Shirl and I left school early and took a walk along the bowery.  It’s just as bad as they say. 

It looks like I’ll be coming home this weekend.  I certainly hope you won’t tire of me.  I had such a wonderful time this weekend, and I love you so.

All my love,

June

(Tomorrow – lucky in more ways than one.)
 

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment