Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Short Note to Say I Love You


Wednesday, March 22, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

This will be quite short.  Just a note to say how much I love you.

If tomorrow’s letter is anything like Monday’s, I’m going to call you up and make sure you’re all right.  I’ve been worrying about you all day, my darling.  I hope you haven’t been alone all this time.  Shirl must be back there by now.  I just had a happy thought.  If Shirl’s not feeling well maybe you’ll have to come home this weekend.  I told you I was selfish but I can’t help it.  I love you so much.

I haven’t much to tell you.  I had the morning off, as you know, and went to my painting class tonight.  We had a different model again.  We haven’t had the same one twice yet!  I got home about 10:30.  Since then, I’ve been reading a continued story in the Saturday Evening Post.

I miss you very much, darling.  You know that I do.  You will be careful of yourself, and not so depressed and lonely, won’t you?  I love you very much, my sweetheart.

Lots of love,

Art

(Later today – the checkerboard horse blanket pattern.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment