Monday, March 7, 2011

June in an Industrious Mood


Monday, March 6, 1950

46 West 83rd Street, Apt. 7B
New York City, NY

Dear Art,

Fashion illustration by
June Anderson.
I’m really proud of myself.  I did loads of homework today.  It’s the first day I really worked hard since the term began.  It gives me such a satisfied feeling.  As you might have guess by now, it’s the custom of our school body to let work slide past until the end of the year and then everyone has to slave like mad.  Well, I’m almost caught up in my assignments, which puts me ahead of most of the school population.  Three more days like today and I’ll be ahead of everything and everyone.  But with Shirl’s sister Evie coming, I probably won’t get the chance, and besides, this industrious mood could easily vanish any minute now.

Shirl just said if I keep on doing my homework like this, I won’t have too much to do over Easter.  That would mean I can devote all my time to making some dresses and seeing you.  What could be better?  Oh, Art, I do feel good.  I should do homework more often.

The week will go quickly (I hope) and I’ll be seeing you in no time at all.  Isn’t that wonderful?  It makes me feel so good.  Friday seems close all of a sudden.  It was so far in the distance last week – I couldn’t see it.  But now – it’s right straight clear ahead.

Well, my darling, it’s late (after midnight now) and I’m sleepy.  So I’m going to take a shower, fall into bed and dream of – going out with you?  Who can tell?  (I won’t.)  So darling, I love you and here it’s sent to you –

All my love,

June

(Tomorrow – The Horse's Mouth.)
 

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment