Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Intrigue and Backstabbing


Deer, oil painting by Art Price.

Tuesday, March 28, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

I don’t know what to say except I love you.  I’ve been painting tonight.  Now I think I’ll go to bed early again.  I have to get all rested up, you know.

Your phone call certainly surprised me.  I wondered what could be wrong.  I had a few bad seconds till I heard your voice. 

I’m still waiting to hear about what happened to Jane.  I knew there was a lot of intrigue and backstabbing going on Saturday night, but I found out today I didn’t hear the half of it (although, of course, Bruno does love to exaggerate everything).  Bruno thinks they probably decided to stay through Monday since Helen doesn’t work Mondays.  They weren’t very considerate of you, though, if that was what happened.  He thinks Jane will be here for Easter so you can bawl her out then.

I’ve spoken of my grandfather who’s 88.  He’s in the hospital with a mild case of pneumonia (at 88, I guess nothing is mild).  He seems to be alright so far.

Well, darling, not many more days left, just three more till I’m in paradise.  I do love you very much.  I think this has been the longest two weeks of my life.

Lots of love,

Art

(Tomorrow – bursting with love.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment