Saturday, March 26, 2011

Late Nights in the City


Saturday, March 25, 1950

46 West 83rd Street, Apt. 7B
New York City, NY

Dear Art,

Pencil sketch by June Anderson.
It’s late at night again, 1:20 a.m.  I’m sitting cross-legged on my bed in my pajamas – all ready to crawl in.  Shirl’s setting her hair now.  Gee, I’m sleepy!

We went to a late show – that’s why we’re up so late.  Last night, I was up even later, until about 3:00.  I waited up for Shirl while she was out with Ted.  Art, darling, it was terribly lonesome.  I missed you so.

Well, dear, this is going to be short.  Just to tell you I love you.  I’ll be waiting for your telephone call tomorrow.

All my love,

June

P.S.  Darling, it’s 1:20 Sunday afternoon now.  I’m going down to mail this right away.  Shirl just found a note saying that Ted will be here at 2:00 instead of 3.  That means we have to hurry.  I hope she decides to come in early instead of staying out late again.  I doubt it though.

Art, I don’t mind your being with the boys, but it sounded from our phone call like there were too many girls for comfort this time.  I can practically guarantee that you’ll get the third degree from me on Friday night.

Love,

June

(Tomorrow – relationship problems back in Southampton.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment