Thursday, March 3, 2011

Spring Is Just Around the Corner


Thursday, March 2, 1950

46 West 83rd Street, Apt. 7B
New York City, NY

Dear Art,

March is finally here, and that means winter’s over and spring is coming.  And I don’t care how cold it is out or want to hear you and Shirl keep insisting that March is the worst part of winter!  Spring is just around the corner and I can feel it.

Besides, I have spring fever.  Spring means birds coming back, warm beautiful weather, buds popping out, and love love love.  And I have so much of the latter – all for you, darling.

Watercolor by June Anderson.
I’m glad to hear Bruno’s got another car.  I can’t imagine him without one.  I wonder why Joe doesn’t get a car?  He’s another you’d just naturally expect to have one.  Of course, he doesn’t need it.  He seems to get around more than most people who do own cars.

You certainly must have felt lost and with nothing to do if you went to see Battleground again so soon!  I don’t blame you for enjoying it the second
time, though.  I would, too – it was a good picture.

Well, guess what?  I finally got down to work.  I worked in school today and even did about half an hour’s homework here tonight.  I know it doesn’t sound like much, dear, but at least it means I’m making some headway – pretty soon I should be able to sit down and accomplish a stack of homework.  I hope.

We think Shirl’s sister Evie is coming out Tuesday.  I hope I come through the experience alright.  She’s only staying for a couple of days.

Well, Art darling, it’s late already, so I’m going right to bed.  Please keep writing.  I enjoy your letters so much.  Don’t go too wild on the weekend nights.

All my love,

June

(Tomorrow – Bruno's new car.)
 
© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment