Monday, March 21, 2011

36 Minutes to Spring


Bird in flight, pencil sketch by Art Price.

Monday, March 20, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

Well there is one day gone, just eleven more to go till you’re home in my arms again.  It was a wonderful weekend, darling.  I love you.

Nothing much happened today.  It was a busy Monday as usual.  I didn’t do anything tonight.  Just sat around and read a little.  I really meant to go to bed earlier than this but I guess at 10:45 it’s still fairly early.  I hope you had a good trip back even though it seemed awfully early.  I hope you’re not too tired tonight.

I can’t think of anything more to tell you than I love you, I love you, my darling.  I hope you love me, too.  Be good and take care of yourself.  They just said on the radio that it’s 11:24 and spring starts in just 36 minutes.  We’ll have warm weather for you soon, sweetheart.  Remember me to Shirl.  Good night for now, darling.  I love you.

Lots of more love,

Art

(Tomorrow – Southampton's bohemian art scene.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment