Monday, March 7, 2011

Won't Friday Ever Come?


Still life of tools, pencil sketch by Art Price.

Monday, March 6, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

I’m starting this letter on Sunday evening but I feel awfully sleepy for some reason.  I may add to it tomorrow at noon before I mail it.  It was wonderful to talk to you today, darling.  It’s the next best thing to having you here.  I do love you, too.

I went to the movies tonight but came home early.  I saw When Willie Comes Marching Home.  It was very good.  You should see it in the city sometime.

I hope you weren’t too lonely with Shirl not there today.  I wish I could have been keeping you company.  M-m-m.  I sure do.  Only five days and four nights till you’re in my arms, my darling.  I hope they fly by on wings.

Well darling, it’s now Monday noon.  I just read your letter from Saturday.  Very nice but I won’t say anything more about it now.  I have to have something to write about tonight, you know!

Won’t Friday ever come?!!  Be good, my sweetheart.

Lots of love,

Art

(Later today – June in an industrious mood.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment