Friday, March 4, 2011

Is That What You Think I Do?


The 41 De Soto.

Friday, March 3, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

I just got home from the Methodist Church Men’s Club.  We had a good meeting.  Your father would have been interested in the talk on the telephone
company and television.  On the way home, I saw the
car Bruno’s getting in front of the Anchorage so I stopped to look closer look at it.  A 41 De Soto is a very nice looking car.  I wonder what it will look like a year from now.

I went in the Anchorage and saw a little of the “Bonny Maid Variety Show” on television there, but I didn’t stay long.  When I go out, I want to go out with you, my darling.

Imagine forgetting to call your family till Wednesday!  I’m ashamed of you.  I know how they must feel because I love you, too.

Now in your letter you say “and don’t drink too much.”  Is that what you think I do when you’re not home?  I don’t think I’ll even go out.  That’ll show you!

Seriously, I do miss you very much, my darling sweetheart.  I’m thinking of you always.  Be good and do lots of homework this weekend because I won’t let you do much next week.  Call you Sunday!

Lots of love,

Art

No comments:

Post a Comment