Thursday, March 10, 2011

Tax Time



Seascape, oil painting by Art Price.

Thursday, March 9, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

Well, I just finished filling out my income tax.  I finally got around to it.  I wasn’t in any hurry since I won’t get anything back.  I got your letter from Sunday.  I love your letters.  In fact, I love you.

Last night, I stayed home the first part of the evening then went out at 9:30.  They had a hobby show at the high school and I had some of my paintings there.  After the show, I brought them home.

Tomorrow is my morning to sleep late.  I don’t go to work till one o’clock.

What a question to ask!  Of course you’ll see me at 8:00 on Friday.  I’ll be there in a cloud of dust, maybe before 8:00 if I can make it.  Look out for me!  I’ve been saving all my love for you.

Get lots of homework done now.  And I’ll say good night to you, sweetheart,

Lots of love,

Art

(For Saturday – a musical mystery.)

© 2011 Lee Price

2 comments:

  1. Taxes! T'was ever thus.

    Love the seascape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that a nice seascape? I really like that one, too. I'm not entirely sure of the date -- it may have been done later.

    ReplyDelete