Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bell Telephone Presents "Television"


Thursday, March 2, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

I’m glad to hear your cold is better.  It’s too bad the play wasn’t as good as you hoped.  I imagine you enjoyed it anyway.

Well I had a usual day today, not too busy.  I stayed home tonight and sprayed some of my paintings with varnish.  I did a little painting, too.  I’m really going to take it easy Saturday night.  Maybe I won’t even go out at all.

Tomorrow I go to the Methodist Church Men’s Club dinner.  It’s another Bell Telephone presentation, this time on television.  I just remembered I have to get up at 6:00 on Sunday and go to a Men’s Communion Breakfast so I guess I’d better get to bed early Saturday.

I just counted the days.  It’s 8 days and 7 evenings till I see you again, my darling.  I’ll phone Sunday afternoon at 12:30 as usual.  At least I can talk to you and tell you I love you, and maybe send you a kiss by phone.

I enjoy your letters so much so keep them coming, won’t you, darling?  I miss you, sweetheart.

Lots of love,

Art

(Later today – June has spring fever.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment