Sunday, March 27, 2011

Fallout from Saturday Night


Sunday, March 26, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

It was wonderful to talk to you today, darling.  I’m so glad I’m forgiven.  Don’t you be jealous about my Saturday night.  You know there’s no reason to be.  I love you very much, darling.  It really was a weird evening.

I saw Mary and Helen for a minute this afternoon in Irene’s.  Bruno came in and they wouldn’t even look at him.  Jane had a date with Singer this afternoon.  Joe never got a chance to say anything to Jane about the dance so I don’t know how that will turn out.

I rode around a little this afternoon all by myself and felt lonesome for you, sweetheart.  Then I went to the first show tonight, Alfred Hitchcock’s Stage Fright.  It was quite good.  Hitchcock usually is.

As you can probably guess, I’m feeling kind of sleepy right now so I’d better go to bed.  I have to rest up this week,
sweetheart.  You had better rest up, too.  You have a date with me every night next week.  Now who’s possessive?

Enjoy yourself tomorrow, dear, but don’t you ride back from Brooklyn alone.  Make them come back with you.  I worry about you and miss you so much, my precious sweetheart.  Only five more days, darling.  Till then,

All my love,

Art

(Later today – you must have been in fine condition for church!)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment