Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bursting With Love


Partida assignment, abstract shapes
pencil sketch by Art Price.
Wednesday, March 29, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

Don’t worry, darling.  I’ll be bursting out with love for you Friday night.  Won’t it ever come?

I didn’t get my half-day off today.  We took inventory instead.  I hope maybe I can get a full day next week.  Sketch class was canceled tonight.  Mr. Secunda phoned and said he was having trouble getting a model so he called it off.  I paint tomorrow night, I guess.

My grandfather went to the hospital yesterday with pneumonia but is already coming home tomorrow.  He’s better and didn’t want to stay so the doctor is sending him home.  After all, he’s only 88.  Maybe if he was an old man, they’d make him stay.

Darling, I love you so much.  Only two more days!  I guess this will be my last letter.  See you Friday!

Lots of love,

Art

(Tomorrow – vacation plans.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment