Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Write Lots of Letters

Wednesday, November 30, 1949

20 Cooper St.
Southampton, NY

Dear June:

I’m going to keep right on writing even though I might see you this weekend.  Nothing’s certain.  I’ve just about decided to come in Sunday morning instead of Saturday after work.  I wouldn’t get there till 10.  I wouldn’t want to keep you out too late and then I’d have to find a hotel for the rest of the night, so I guess early Sunday morning would be better.

I went to bed about 11:30 last night and got up 11:30 this morning, twelve hours sleep.  How do you like that?  Did a few errands for my mother then worked the rest of the afternoon on my course.

Laurence Olivier and Jean Simmons in Hamlet (1948).
I saw Hamlet tonight.  You know what it was like.  As you would say, I can’t decide if I liked it or not.  It was a good picture though.

It’s too bad about your drapes.  I can’t figure out how it could happen.  You should have made them too long instead.  They would have been easier to fix.

The boss comes back tomorrow from his vacation so we have to take inventory.  Be good now and write lots of letters.

Lots of love,

Art

(Tomorrow – vacation postponed.)

© 2010 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment