Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Present in the Mail

Thursday, December 8, 1949

20 Cooper St.
Southampton, NY

Dear June:

I got a little present in the mail today from a very sweet young lady.  Of course, you shouldn’t have done it, but I can use it though all right – my old wallet was in pretty bad shape, as I guess you knew.

Dogs, a charcoal sketch by Art Price.
It doesn’t sound like you’re doing much homework.  Don’t save it all for Christmas.  You’re going to be busy then!

Well let’s see what have I been doing, rode most of yesterday as you know, west to Patchogue from Riverhead.  Saw a movie last night.  They Live By Night, a regular melodrama.  It was so-so.  I’m writing this early tonight.  Since I haven’t done any art work yet this week, this will be a good night for it.

I saw your mother yesterday.  We had a nice little visit.  Be sure and write to her or telephone. 
She asked me to tell you to, so I’m telling you.

Well I’ll say good night now.  Take good care of yourself and be sure and write.  I’ll phone you Sunday.

Lots of love,

Art

P.S.  Thanks again for the wallet!

(Tomorrow – June teaches Art about fashion illustration.)

© 2010 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment