Friday, December 10, 2010

Don't Walk in the Rain Without Me

Friday, December 9, 1949

20 Cooper St.
Southampton, NY

Dear June:

No mail from you today but I didn’t expect any because of the Wednesday phone call.

I think I’m going to the movies again tonight, Chicago Deadline and a Roy Rogers picture Yippie.  I might go watch a fight on television afterward but don’t worry.  I’ll be home early (I hope).

I don’t dare think about coming in to see you.  If I did I’d be there in a cloud of dust.  I just hope the next two weeks fly by.  You know I’m missing you and thinking of you.

This will be a short letter.  Nothing much more to say.  Keep in out of this cold weather and don’t walk in the rain without me.

Lots of Love,

Art

(Tomorrow – thinking ahead for New Year's Eve.)

© 2010 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment