Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Whirlwind Trip to the City

Sunday, December 11, 1949

20 Cooper St.
Southampton, NY

Dear June:

Statue of Liberty charcoal
sketch by Art Price.
This will be short.  I can hardly keep my eyes open.  But I feel kind of guilty about my trip to New York.  While I had such a swell time, Bruno and Joe had such a mess of it.

I got home okay in spite of the Long Island Rail Road.  What a railroad!  I’m glad I usually take the car.  Bruno and Joe were not on the train.  I looked from one end to the other.  Either something came up, or they found the car, or else they simply missed the train.  I wonder when they’ll get back.

I had a wonderful weekend, unexpected though it was.  Be good and take care yourself.  Remember me to Shirl.

Lots of love,

Art

(Tomorrow – weekend's over, back to homework.)

© 2010 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment