Friday, December 17, 2010

Off to Patchogue

Friday, December 16, 1949

20 Cooper St.
Southampton, NY

Dear June: 

Glad to hear you finally wrote your mother a letter!  I hope you both have a good time next week.  But don’t have such a good time that you decide to stay another day.  That I couldn’t stand.

Art's father Arthur N. Price
out by the car.
It was very busy at Roulston’s today – people buying for Christmas, I guess.  I’m home now but I think I’ll ride up to Patchogue when my parents leave to get my sister.  If I don’t go, I’ll probably take a spin downtown and you know what that means.  There’s a good fight on television tonight.

Six long days and five even longer evenings till you’re in my arms again.  I didn’t know I could miss anyone this much.  I’m almost glad I hadn’t met you while I was in the Navy.  I probably would have gone over the hill.

Well, I’ll say so long now and head for Patchogue to get Sis.  Be good and see you soon.

Lots of love,

Art

(Tonight – still life with girdle.)

© 2010 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment