Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Full Moon Going to Waste

Thursday, December 1, 1949

20 Cooper St.
Southampton, NY

Dear June:

Flower drawings, colored pencil, by Art Price.
Another swell letter today.  You sound pretty satisfied with yourself.  I’m glad you’re making progress with your room and am looking forward to seeing big improvements this weekend.  So what if the drapes are crooked, if you don’t mind them?

My sister got back to college all right.  She phoned Monday night but we haven’t heard from her since.  I guess she’s like you as far as writing her parents goes.

Had a pretty busy day today taking inventory.  The boss is back and Joe’s out of a job again.  I did a little artwork and some reading this evening.

Don’t worry about me.  My car is all set, raring to go.  I got it greased, oil changed, tanks filled, etc. today.  I haven’t had a drink since our Saturday date and you know I don’t drive fast.  As for the beautiful girls, I hope to see a real special one this weekend.

Lots of love,

Art

P.S.  The moon’s almost full.  Just going to waste, tch, tch!

(Tomorrow – Shirl's alarm clock trick.)

© 2010 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment