Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Worst Day Not To Get Mail


Still life with glasses, pencil drawing by Art Price.

Saturday, December 17, 1949

20 Cooper St.
Southampton, NY

Dear June: 

Saturday is the worst day not to get mail.  There was no mail when I came home today for lunch but while I was eating the mailman came and there your letter was, written Thursday.  It was a nice letter but you certainly haven’t been behaving yourself:  Missing another day after all you’ve missed already!  I’ll bet you didn’t tell your folks about it either.  Still I’m glad you enjoyed the Radio City
Music Hall show.  Maybe I’ll see it next year.

I went along to pick up my sister.  I don’t know why.  I slept all the way back.

I think I’ll go to the movies tonight even though I have seen it (She Wore a Yellow Ribbon).  I’ll try and get home early afterward.

I miss you more tonight than ever. 

Lots of love

Art

(Tomorrow – out with the boys in Southampton.)

© 2010 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment