Monday, December 13, 2010

Poor Bruno!

Monday, Dec. 12, 1949

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June: 

Art and June.
I’m still thinking about that wonderful unexpected weekend with you.  Now I’d better tell you the news.

Poor Bruno!  He and Joe went to see the girls on Saturday night and you know Bruno was hoping to see Mary.  Well Mary was out, so he and Joe visited with Jane, Helen, and Lorraine till about 3 in the morning.  When Bruno opened the door to leave, there was Mary with her other boyfriend saying good night.  Poor Mary had no idea Bruno was in the city.  What a situation!  Everybody kept calm though, I guess.

Bruno has his car back.  He and Joe saw it as they were going into a bar about ten blocks from Mary’s apartment.  They called the police, had to take the car to the station, and prove it was Bruno’s car.  Lots of red tape.  The police think some kids probably took the car for a joy ride and then left it near where they had found it.  About a quarter tank of gas had been used.  Everything came out okay, the car is untouched.  They didn’t hurt it a bit.

They tried to call me then but couldn’t get anyone.  I don’t know why.  Later that night, they took out Jane, Helen, and Lorraine (3 girls, 2 boys).  Mary didn’t come with them as she had a date.  The guys left about midnight, got lost a couple of times, and reached home 3:30 on Monday morning.  (I’m glad I got the train.)

Of course, everybody in town has heard about it by now.

Only ten more days till I see you.  I miss you like everything but I’m sure I won’t be able to take another weekend.  I’d never hear the end of it.  I’ll be thinking of you though.

Lots of love,

Art

(Tomorrow – it's revealed that June forgot something important.)

© 2010 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment