Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Surprise Invitation

Sunday, December 18, 1949

46 West 83rd Street, Apt. 7B
New York City

Dear Art,

June's father Theodore Anderson
working at the phone company.
How nice it was to hear you today.  I always said the telephone was a marvelous invention – and not just because Daddy works for the phone company!  You called a little earlier than I expected – but that was nice too – a very convenient time.

I was very surprised when you invited me to the Candlelight Service on Christmas Eve.  I thought you would be ushering in Southampton and I wouldn’t see you that night.

Heaven knows what we’ll do in school tomorrow.  Just say goodbye to the rest of the kids, I guess.  Two more days of school, a merry whirl with Mother in the city, then home!

Today Shirl and I went to the American Museum of Natural History to see that “From the Neck Up” exhibition.  It turns out that a lot that was donated by Traphagen.  That Ethel Traphagen has more stuff there than the Metropolitan and private collectors put together!

I’m very anxious to receive that special delivery in person.  Missing you.

All my love,

June

(Tomorrow – the last letter before the break.)

© 2010 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment