Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Planning for Mother's Visit

Wednesday, December 14, 1949

46 West 83rd Street, Apt. 7B
New York City

Dear Art,

I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t pass on a little harmless gossip to me – especially when everyone else knows.  Poor Bruno but, as Shirl says, what else could he have expected if he knew Mary was dating?  Of course, it must have been very embarrassing to all – especially Mary.  Still it’s no wonder Bruno sounded odd, as you said Sunday.  How do you think he’s taking everything?


Just took a break and here I am again.  I had to put the letter up – couldn’t write and listen to the Lone Ranger at the same time.  Know what?  I like him.  He does good instead of going around shooting everybody like most of those programs.

I’ve been planning what I can do in the city with mother when she comes.  If we get a chance, I would like to take her to the Frick Museum.  That’s the one that was once a private house.  I know she would love it.

Sketches by
June Anderson.
Only four more schooldays!  It gives me a thrill counting the days as they grow less and less.  School gets nicer and nicer as we near vacation, with higher spirits, people leaving early, and work blissfully forgotten in the planning for Christmas.  I’ve accomplished everything I hoped to and still have four more days.  Of course, there’s still plenty of work – I just hadn’t planned on doing it yet.  Well, maybe I’ll get a spurt of energy.

I understand that you can’t come in this weekend.  You’ve come in more than I thought you would already.  I’ll be home in 7 days.  I hope they’ll be gone like a flash.

All my love,

June

(Tomorrow – the 1949 Christmas Show at Radio City Music Hall.)

© 2010 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment