Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Never Mind that Debutante Slouch

Wednesday, December 14, 1949

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June: 

Even though I know you are awfully busy on your Historic Research project, I hope you manage to write a couple of short letters anyway.  No day is complete without hearing from you.

I think I told you all about Bruno’s car.  Poor Bruno.  A lot of people seem to think he forgot where he parked it.

Art's nephew Peter Lawrence.

Today was my day off.  I slept late and did some Christmas shopping in the morning.  I visited across the street with my Aunt Nin and little Pete (the baby) and had lunch over there.  Saw Frank Hoffman in the afternoon.  He was in the city yesterday to see the Veterans Administration.  He goes back to watchmaking school after Christmas.  Tonight I saw Holiday Inn, quite old but very good – you’ve probably seen it before.  Here I just saw Bing in a picture that’s ten years old and now I’m sitting here listening to him on the radio.

I wish I was there when you wanted to wrestle.  We could go on television.  On second thought, maybe we’d better not (go on T.V., that is).  And never mind that debutante slouch, I like you sweet as you are.

I hope I didn’t tire you too much, but after all it’s not my fault that you didn’t get to sleep till 1:30 Sunday night.  That really was quite a weekend and worth every minute.  I miss you.  I’m counting the days – only eight more – that’s eight too many.

Lots of love

Art

(Tonight – planning for mother's visit to the city.)

© 2010 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment