Monday, December 13, 2010

Dear Hearts and Gentle People

Monday, December 12, 1949

46 West 83rd Street, Apt. 7B
New York City

Dear Art,

I didn’t get to sleep until 1:30 last night – we turned the  lights out early but Shirl kept talking.  I’m so tired today.  But I don’t care – it was great seeing you.  I could never have had a nicer surprise.

Do you know what happened to Bruno’s car?  I still can’t get over it.

Twelfth century historic research
by June Anderson.
Tonight and tomorrow I can’t write long letters.  Both Shirl and I have to slave over Historic Research.  It’s all due, from the twelfth century through the eighteenth (divided into quarter centuries), on tracing paper by Wednesday.  For the rest of the night, that’s what I’ll do.


I’ve worked three hours now.  Shirl and I went out and got a large bottle of cream soda, candy, and potato chips.  We just polished them off.  Gee, I’m full.  Well, I accomplished quite a bit of work.  This is just a rest, though, before I start again.

Just think, only six more days of school!  I’m jealous of your sister – she has even less.

I have to end this letter – my homework’s waiting – darn it!

Song on the radio – I love those dear hearts and gentle people who live and love in my hometown — no – in Southampton!

Hmmm-mmm, how nice it was to see you!

All my love,

June

(Tonight – Bruno's mess of a weekend.)

© 2010 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment