Monday, August 1, 2011

Art's Visitors

Art, his mother Ada Belle Price, and his sister Dorothy.

With the wedding tentatively scheduled for September 1, 1951, Art decided to address a long-standing health problem.  He was admitted to Presbyterian Hospital in New York City on June 12 for an operation to address the pain in his left knee.

Wednesday, June 13, 1951

Presbyterian Hospital
168 Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY

Dear June:

I miss you so much, darling.  I hope Sunday gets here quick.  I called my folks up at seven.  My sister is coming in with my mother tomorrow afternoon.

I had a visitor tonight – a girl from Southampton who’s training here.  She didn’t stay long because she had to go on duty at 6.  It was nice to see a familiar face.  But don’t worry, darling.  You’re the only one for me.

A guy here who had his knee operated on showed me his scar.  It wasn’t bad.  He had his operation ten days ago and he’s walking around pretty well now.

I can’t seem to think of anything I haven’t told you already so I’ll just say, I love you, I love you, I love you.  I wish you were in my arms right now.  G-r-r-r-r.  You’d better watch out for me when I get home.

Guess I’ll say goodnight now.  I miss you very much, darling.  Be good, don’t worry, and I’ll see you Sunday.

All my love,

Art

(Tomorrow – Nothing could keep me away.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment