Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Shower Transcript

Four days until the wedding!  June and Art concludes on September 1, 2011.


June’s wedding shower took place on Tuesday, June 26, 1951.  Someone recorded June’s expressions as she opened her presents and then later typed them up for posterity.  Here are some selections from the transcript:

“I have a pan!  Maybe Art won’t go hungry after all.”

“It begins to look as if people expect me to cook.”

“Oh-h-h!  A whole set!  Very nice!  M-m-m!”

(June’s mother:  “I was crocheting a tablecloth for June.  She wouldn’t take it.”
June:  “I didn’t know if it was a rug or a tablecloth.”)

“Oh!  And I love salads, too.  Isn’t that nice?”

“Gee!  I’ll really have a kitchen after all.”

(June’s mother:  “June, you have two pans.  I didn’t have more than that when I started.”)

“Oh!  What shall I open next?”

“All this lovely wrapping I’m just tearing off.”

“I am having trouble.  I’m the poorest opener of packages.  I can’t open your package.”


“Gee!  I can entertain ‘n everything!”

“I didn’t know Art kept secrets from me.”

“I thank everybody very much.”

(Tomorrow – Bridesmaids and ushers.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment