Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Exercising Vigorously

Hand study by June Anderson.

With the wedding tentatively scheduled for September 1, 1951, Art decided to address a long-standing health problem in June.  He was admitted to Presbyterian Hospital in New York City and underwent an operation on June 15 to address the pain in his left knee.

Monday, June 17, 1951

126 Lincoln Street
Riverhead, NY

Dear Art,

I had such a nice visit with you today, darling.  It works out swell – imagine getting a newly married young man as your roommate!

This will just be a short letter tonight.  I’m going to catch up on my sleep as soon as I finish.  Just letting you know that I arrived home safely – and love you, my darling.

I called your mother when I got home.  I told her you seemed to be pretty good and were exercising vigorously.  She won’t be getting in to see you till Tuesday.  She’s trying to space the visits so that you won’t have to go too long without any visitors.

I am so glad I was able to see you Saturday and Sunday, both!  I feel more relaxed now that I’ve seen you.  But even better, I was able to be near you and kiss you and hold your hand for a short while.  I’m looking forward to the time when you can make it to Riverhead again, my darling – that will be a wonderful night.  But, I’ll see you before that, sweet, at least once – and, if necessary, maybe many more times.

All my love,

June

(Tomorrow – News from Shirl.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment