Monday, August 15, 2011

With You in My Arms...

Oil painting of a beach scene in Southampton by Art Price.

With the wedding tentatively scheduled for September 1, 1951, Art decided to address a long-standing health problem in June.  He was admitted to Presbyterian Hospital in New York City and underwent an operation on June 15 to address the pain in his left knee.

Tuesday, June 19, 1951

Presbyterian Hospital
168th Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY

Dear June:

My mother was in this afternoon for awhile.  I’m not sure when she’s coming again.  I’ve watched some baseball on television after her visit.  Nothing much else – laid around and read a little.  The guy in the room with me goes home tomorrow, cast and all.

So Shirl’s getting married in August!  We may have a matron of honor then.

I love you very much, darling.  I wish I was sitting in my car now with you in my arms.  M-m-m-m.  I miss you a lot, darling, and love you very much.  See you Sunday (or Saturday, maybe).  In the meantime, I’m glad I can talk to you over the phone even if not in private. 

All my love

Art

(Tomorrow – The urgent need for a decision.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment