Saturday, August 20, 2011

Coming Home on Monday

With the wedding tentatively scheduled for September 1, 1951, Art decided to address a long-standing health problem in June.  He was admitted to Presbyterian Hospital in New York City and underwent an operation on June 15 to address the pain in his left knee.

Thursday, June 21, 1951

126 Lincoln Street
Riverhead, NY

Dear Art,

Fashion quick sketch by
June Anderson.
I’m so glad you’ll be able to come home Monday and I hope you’ll be coming over to see me soon after.  It’s too bad that you have to come home by train though.

I love you so much, darling, and miss you more each day.  Do hurry, darling – not just home, but back here to me.  I hope to come in to see you on Saturday, provided I don’t have to work.

Mother has started to clear the living room.  What a job!  Grandma plans to arrive the first of July.  You’ll be over to see me before then, won’t you?  But we won’t be able to stay out so late then, I guess.

I love you so much, darling.  I wish you were here with me tonight – I miss you so much.

All my love,

June

(Tomorrow – Hope my wheelchair is strong enough for two.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment