Monday, May 2, 2011

A Rose-Tinted World

Pencil sketch by June Anderson.

Monday, May 1, 1950

46 West 83rd Street, Apt. 7B
New York City, NY

Dear Art,

My world is completely rose-tinted tonight.  Shirl’s been teasing me all day.  It seems like I’ve been walking around with my head up in the clouds ever since last night with you.  And apparently it’s quite noticeable, too.  I’d say to everybody I’d meet, “My, I had a wonderful weekend.”  And they would ask me what I did, and I would say, “Oh, nothing in particular.”  But I did.  I went out with you and it was wonderful, and darling, I love you.  I feel so good.

I’m coming home this weekend.  Shirl’s going to stay with June O’Neal in the city.  I was invited, too, but of course I said no.  So I’ll see you Friday, darling.

Now I’m going to take a quick shower and pop right into bed.  It’s getting late. Four more days, darling, and I’ll be home.

All my love,

June

(For Wednesday – room hunting in the city.)
 

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment