Monday, May 16, 2011

I'd Rather See You Than Write


Monday, May 15, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

Darling, I love you.  I’ve been sitting here, half listening to the radio, and trying to start this letter.  I think I’ve fallen out of the writing habit.  I’d rather see you than write.

I have tomorrow afternoon off so I’m going to try and paint.  I feel I should get to work on a really good painting.  I received a whole lot of forms and literature from the Metropolitan Museum of Art about the big contest they’re having.

Sketch by Art Price.
We had a busy day at work.  Afterwards, I worked till dark rotating my tires.  I’m a little sleepy tonight. 

I love you so very much, sweetheart.  Take care of yourself.  See you Friday night, darling.

Lots of love,

Art

(Tomorrow – pearls in the ash tray.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment