Monday, May 9, 2011

New Address!

Monday, May 8, 1950

NEW ADDRESS!
112 West 86th Street
New York City, NY

Dear Art,

Fashion illustration by
June Anderson.
I had an absolutely wonderful weekend, darling – I’m so in love with you.  I glow inside every time I think of our time together.

Oh, did I almost forget to tell you?  I have moved!  See?  When thinking of you and how I love you, the little things like moving just slip my mind.  Shirl and I officially moved into the new apartment tonight.  (Shirl did most of the moving work.)  It’s very cozy and sweet.  And there is a sink in the kitchen so now we will start cooking more.

Shirl and I went shopping after school.  We bought dishes, can openers, pots (a double boiler), glasses, tablecloths, etc.  And we bought groceries, too.  I think it’s going to be very nice here.

They’re singing on the radio, “A man’s a fool to be alone when the sun goes down.”  I’m a woman and just lonesome.  Ted and Shirl are in the other room and I’m leaving them alone to have some time together.  I must confess I’m jealous.  Even just after just seeing you over the weekend, I wish it were you and I out in the living room.  Oh, how I wish it were!

Hmmm, how come my pleasure of being out with you still increases after almost a year?  My heart tells me you feel the same as I do.  Please take care of yourself and be good until I see you again.  Friday at 8?  I’ll be home!  Now I must do some homework.

All my love,

P.S.  My telephone # is Schuyler 4-9399 (I’m not sure of the spelling of Schuyler, it’s pronounced SKY).

(Tomorrow – excuse the language, please.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment