Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"...except the parts with the dog."

Detail of a fashion illustration by June Anderson.

Wednesday, May 3, 1950

46 West 83rd Street, Apt. 7B
New York City, NY

Dear Art,

Painting of a dog by Art Price.
I still think about the wonderful time I had this past weekend.  I loved every minute of it – except the parts with the dog.  But with you – Oh!  my darling!  By the way, how is your car now?

Shirl just came in.  She was out with Ted tonight.  Lucky kids – she gets to go out with her boyfriend.  But I’ll be with you all weekend – won’t I?

Shirl and I are going room hunting tomorrow.  Now don’t start in about not being able to make decisions or something like that.  You see, it’s this way.  The other kids have decided not to move until Camille’s exams are over in the middle of June.  Knowing them, Shirl’s worried that they might change their
minds and decide not to move at all.
Charcoal sketch of a dog
by Art Price



Therefore, Shirl and I have decided to look for an apartment for the two of us.  Then if the kids find an apartment for five of us later on, we’ll move in with them – if not, we’ll still be set for summer.  Tomorrow I’ll report present at school, then leave right away, and look for an apartment with Shirl.  I hope we can find something.

I’m slowly catching up on schoolwork, which makes me very happy;  and doing it without too much effort on my part which is even better.

Art, it’s getting late – I have to set my hair and take a shower, and I’m getting sleepy already.  So till I see you Friday,

All my love,

June

P.S.  We haven’t found a place to stay yet.  We’re still looking, though.  I just wanted to add that I got your letter and am terribly sorry to hear you’re feeling bad.  I certainly hope you will feel better soon.  Baby yourself a couple of days.  Bye now,

Love,

June

(For Friday – gas prices and taxes.)
 

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment