Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Painting for the Metropolitan

Oil painting by Art Price.  There is no record of which of his paintings
he did in preparation for the Metropolitan contest.

Wednesday, May 17, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

Just two more evenings till I see you, darling.  I miss you, even if it’s only a few days between visits.

I’ve been quite busy today.  I worked in the morning and had the afternoon off.  I went out in the woods and painted for the Metropolitan Museum contest.  Then I came home and finished rotating my tires, washed the windows, and put on the screens for summer.

My folks went to the movies tonight.  I stayed home and put the finishing touches on my painting.  I think it’s finished now.  Soon I’ll head for bed.  I’m looking forward to your letter tomorrow.

I’ll say good night now darling.  I love you so much, sweetheart.  See you Friday.

Lots of love,

Art

(Tomorrow – homework overload.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment