Sunday, May 15, 2011

I Only Know I Love You

Horses, an oil painting by Art Price.

Thursday, May 11, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

I’m so glad I’ll be seeing you this weekend.  I love you so much, darling.

I’m glad to hear your move went smoothly or should I say that Shirl moved you okay?  It sounds like you’re really setting up housekeeping.  I’ll bet you’re going to enjoy that apartment.

I didn’t do much of anything last night.  I was planning to do some work on my car this morning but it rained – as it always does on my day off.

Thanks for the phone number, darling, but I hope I won’t have to use it before I see you again.  All I’ve done this morning was get a haircut.  When I got home, your letter was here and so here I am writing.  Tonight I’ll go to art class and then on Friday night I’ll be in heaven with you.

Take good care of yourself my precious sweetheart.  So long for now.  They’re singing, “I only know I love you” on the radio.  I know I do.

Lots of love,

Art

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment