Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Excuse the Language, Please


Tuesday, May 9, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

It was a wonderful weekend, darling.  This week I plan to write just two letters to you, dear.  I’ll see you Friday at eight, won’t I?

I went to the movies tonight and saw The Damned Don’t Cry (excuse the language, please).  It was pretty good.

Did you see the Herald Tribune?  The races in Westhampton were on the front page.  There were almost 20,000 people there.  About an hour after the race was over a car cracked up going around the tracks by itself, leaving one guy in bad 
shape.  They didn’t quite get the races over without an accident.

As I said before, darling, it was wonderful to have you home this week and I love you so very very much.  You know that I do.  Take good care of yourself and I hope you got moved okay.  Good night, darling.

Lots of love,

Art

(Tomorrow – first meal in the new apartment.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment