Monday, May 23, 2011

Rumors about Roulston's

Monday, May 22, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

We’re still waiting to hear more about Roulston’s closing.  I haven’t heard any definite news yet so I shouldn’t say anything more.  I could fill two pages with rumors, theories, and suggestions but you wouldn’t really know any more about it.

I went to see a Betty Grable movie tonight.  It was pretty good – just about what you’d expect.  I’ll be going to painting class both tomorrow and Wednesday.  Then I’ll spend a lonely Thursday night before I’m in heaven again with you on Friday. 

Should I keep these letters short so you can read them between 63rd and 52nd Streets?  (Those are the correct numbers, right?)

I guess I’ll go to bed now, darling.  I hope you’re writing tonight, too.  Don’t stay up too late doing
homework.  Good night for now my love.

Lots of love,

Art

(Tomorrow – Evie goes clothes shopping.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment