Thursday, May 26, 2011

Missing You Is a Chronic Condition


Quick sketches by June Anderson.

Thursday, May 25, 1950

112 West 86th Street
New York City, NY

Dear Art,

Quick sketch by
June Anderson.
I feel much better tonight, darling.  We all went to the movies and saw a couple of revivals.  Evie bought a lot of clothes so she felt better.  I’ve been working very hard at school and I’m feeling very tired.

Shirl’s going out tonight.  A friend of mine might come over.  If she does, we’ll do homework together.  I have plenty but I’m not going to worry about it.  I should be able to finish everything on time.

Seriously, there’s nothing much to tell you.  I guess nothing happens to me except when I’m with you.  Then there’s too much, and all too wonderful to tell.  Missing you is becoming a chronic condition with me.  It’s because I love you so much.  What more can I say?

I hope you have my compact and comb with you on Friday night.  I’m sure I left them with you.  Look through your pockets.  Maybe we’d better start tying strings around our fingers on Sunday nights – I didn’t expect that you’d be just as forgetful as I am!

I’ll be seeing you very soon.  I hope the time flies till then.

All my love,

June

(For Saturday – Unveiling the cape.)
 

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment