Wednesday, April 13, 2011

We're in Love


Wednesday, April 12, 1950

46 West 83rd Street, Apt. 7B
New York City, NY

Dear Art,
Fashion illustrations by June Anderson.

When I think about it, that must have been some awful letter I wrote you Monday night!  But I’m sure you’ll excuse it on sleepiness grounds.  I went to bed as soon as I finished it.

I wonder if Joe’s asked Jane yet, or if he will at all?  I’m dying to know.

Shirl’s out on a date with Ted tonight.  She just left about fifteen minutes ago.  So darling, I’m all by myself.  I plan to stay up and do homework until Shirl comes home.

I accomplished quite a bit of work in school today, too.  That makes
me feel good, but I’m still way behind.  I don’t understand how I can fall so far behind.

- - - - -

Darling, it’s four hours later now – 1:15 a.m.  I put up the letter and did some homework.  Shirl’s home.  She came in about 45 minutes ago and says she had a very nice time.  Ted’s going home with her on Friday and will bring her back Sunday.  They have a nice weekend planned out.

But no matter how well they plan they won’t have near as nice a time as we will.  How could they?  We’re in love – aren’t we, dear?  I am, anyway.

I hope you’ve rested up some.  This is my last letter before the weekend.  I’ll be waiting for yours tomorrow.

Didn’t we have a nice time on my vacation?  The only trouble was it ended too soon.

All my love,

June

(Tomorrow – everything's behind schedule.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment