Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spring Fever


Wednesday, April 19, 1950

46 West 83rd Street, Apt. 7B
New York City, NY

Dear Art,

I’m in one of those very rare lazy moods.  Well, maybe not so rare…  I didn’t feel like doing anything but writing a letter to you today.  It was such a beautiful day today.  I’m getting spring fever in more ways than one and I miss you, darling.

We may move soon even though it will only be for a short while.  I’d like to get in a place where you can pay by the week.  If we stay here, I’ll go home at the end of May and stay till mid-June.  Then I’d move into another apartment.  So I can’t see paying at least $30 for this place when I won’t be living here.  So maybe we’ll go to a woman’s residence for that last month, or something like that.  Of course, it won’t be too nice if you decide to come
Illustrations by
June Anderson.
in, but it will only be for a month.

Did Carol and Jimmy have a good time with us this weekend?  I like them both.  I was wondering because you said that she talked to Bruno afterward.  I think they enjoyed themselves, didn’t they?  Poor Carol – going into work so early on Monday morning!  Did everyone but you sleep on the way back?

Jane’s sore throat is much worse.  She thinks she might have to have her tonsils out.  By the way, how’s your cold?  I don’t have a trace of one yet.  Aren’t you lucky to go out with such a healthy girl? (Ha!)

Nine more days till I see you, darling.  I’ll be thinking of you all the time.  Good night for now.

All my love,

June

(Tomorrow – transmission trouble.)

                                © 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment