Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Gosh I Miss You So Much


Wednesday, April 19, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

Boy and dog, charcoal sketch by Art Price.
Gosh I do miss you so much, my darling.  I’m certainly looking forward to your letter tomorrow.  You know how much I love you.

So much news from you!  I guess I’d better keep still about most of it.  Mary getting married, Jane’s crushes, etc.  I hope the four of you will be able to get a nice apartment.

I’m not too surprised you didn’t care too much for Mary.  I guess maybe Bruno is better off without her.  Actually I think they’re very much alike and that’s why they fought a lot.

I took the car to the garage today.  The clutch needed a little adjustment.  Then I went to the movies tonight and saw Three Came Home.  It was alright, but I don’t imagine you would have liked it.  I think you said you didn’t want to see it.  Then I dropped in and saw Joe and Bruno for a minute afterward but didn’t stay long.

I’m afraid I won’t see you this weekend but I’ll call you Sunday as usual.  I know I’ll see you the next weekend whether you come home or not.  Three weeks is too long without you.  Three days is too long, my darling.

It really feels like spring is here today.  I guess I’ll leave the blanket in my trunk from now on.

I love you very, very much, sweetheart.  You know that I do.

Lots of love,

Art

(Later today – spring fever.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment