Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Lovely Time at the Dance

Tuesday, April 18, 1950

46 West 83rd Street, Apt. 7B
New York City, NY

Dear Art,

June Anderson, circa 1950.
Just a short note, darling, because it’s already after midnight.  June O’Neal, Betty Neverling, Shirl, and I visited Jane tonight.  Now it’s late and I still have to get washed, dressed for bed and so on.

I had such a lovely time at the dance.  I loved just to sit there and be near you, but best I loved dancing with you.  That was wonderful.  I won’t mention the stage show because you know I enjoyed that.  Words can’t express how much I love you.

There’s a lot I could tell you – different things that happened today.  But I’m so sleepy now...  So I’ll just say thank you for taking me to the dance, thank you very much for being as nice as you are, and I love you so much.  I’ll write a longer letter tomorrow.

All my love,

June

P.S.  It’s about 9:30 Tuesday morning now.  I’m in school.  Do you realize that I’ve had a total of about eight hours sleep in the last two nights?  Wait till tonight, though!  I’ll sure make up for that.

I’m not going room hunting this weekend, but I am staying in the city.  For Shirl’s sake.

Tonight I’ll write you about the room situation and Jane and more, etc. – if I don’t forget about them.

Sometime when I’m home I’ll tell you about Shirl and her boyfriend, too.

Till then,

Love,

June

(Later today – June and the girls.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment