Thursday, April 21, 2011

Trying Out a TV


Thursday, April 20, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

I’ve been out watching television tonight but not in a bar.  One of my aunts is trying out a set for a week.  I don’t think they’re going to get one though.  It hasn’t been very successful.  We did see Stop the Music and then they had transmission trouble for an hour.  Of course, we can only get New Haven way out here on Long Island.

I went to art class tonight.  It’s been growing lately.  There were eight other students there tonight.  We’re still having the classes with the assistant.  Partida will come back next week.

I’ll call you Sunday about 12:30.  Remember me to everyone.  Take good care of yourself.  You know I’m so much in love with you, darling.

Lots of love,

Art

(Tomorrow – June in a nasty mood.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment