Monday, April 18, 2011

Safely Home from Brooklyn

Monday, April 17, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

As you can see, I had no trouble getting out of Brooklyn.  I stopped for breakfast in Smithtown and was home before 8:00 this morning.  Then I slept till noon.

I hope everything went all right with you today and hope Shirl wasn’t too mad at you.  I guess I’m the one she should be mad at.  When I walked into work
this afternoon, Bruno
Main Street, Southampton, from a period postcard.
already knew what time I’d gotten home and all about the trip.  (Not quite everything though.)  I couldn’t figure out how he knew but then found out he had talked to Carol in the drugstore that morning.  She went to work at 10.

Everybody down here seems to have survived all right.  I saw Jimmy this afternoon and Joe Cerullo for a minute tonight when I went for the paper.

I’m about ready to head for bed now.  I can’t imagine why I should be tired, can you?

So long now, sweetheart, and remember me to everybody.  I love you so much.  ’night for now, my darling.

Lots of love,

Art

(Tomorrow – thinking about the dance.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment