Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Thanks for a Lovely Vacation

Wednesday, January 4, 1950

46 West 83rd Street, Apt. 7B
New York City

Dear Art,

Fashion sketch by
June Anderson.
I got up at 6 this morning to catch the early train, but I didn’t feel well.  It was like that night with you. Mother and Daddy agreed I was in no condition for train travel.  So I swallowed some medicine, went back to sleep and slept till noon.  I felt alright then, so I took the 3:48 train back to the city.  Now don’t bawl me out for not calling you.  Besides, we had such a nice “good-bye” last night, it would have been a shame to spoil it.

Shirl has been very lonesome.  I cheered her up.  I can’t figure out how but she says I did cheer her up – and I love you.  I know that’s an odd place to put that statement, but it looks so lonesome starting off a paragraph.  And I do love you.

Even I can see I’m rambling on, so this will just be to tell you I arrived safely.  I thought I was just about caught up on homework, but now Shirl tells me there are many things I still have to do.

Art, darling, I’ll see you Saturday night.  Be careful – don’t drive too fast.

Love,

June

P.S.  Thanks for a lovely vacation.

(Tomorrow – Art's first evening at home in two weeks.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment