Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dearest Darling June


Art and June.

Thursday, January 5, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June:

I just wrote “Dear June,” but what I really meant was dearest darling June.  I miss you already but it won’t be long before I see you again, so I’ll just have to wait.

I hope you won’t be too tired now that you’re back at school.  Maybe they won’t work you too hard your first days back.  I don’t know what I did with the afternoon today – a few errands for my mother and it was gone.  I cleaned my room tonight and now I’ll get to bed early.

Last night was the first evening I’d been home in two weeks!  There were some awfully nice evenings in between there.

Right now I’m listening to “Lum and Abner.”  I haven’t heard them in years.  They’re quite good.  I hope you wrote yesterday.  I expect to hear from you Friday.  This will be my only letter till I see you Saturday.  Tomorrow I’ll pick up my car from the garage and get all set for a lot of driving.

Till 8 o’clock Saturday when I see you again, I love you.

Love,

Art

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment