Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy Birthday, Sweetheart


Wednesday, January 25, 1950

20 Cooper Street
Southampton, NY

Dear June,

Happy birthday, sweetheart!

Before I go any further I love you very much, you know.  It will be wonderful if you can come home again this weekend.  I wonder if I can be that lucky.  I’ve been so lucky so far maybe it will keep up.

I found your watch in my ash tray today, so I decided to send it along to you.  I hope you didn’t worry about it.

I’ve been home all evening reading True Magazine.  It’s very good.  There's an article on Joseph Dunninger*, the mind reader.  Have you seen him on television?  I’ll have to introduce him to you, along with wrestling.

Don’t get all tired out doing homework this week.  Take breaks like you used to.  Remember
me to Shirl.  I hope she lets you come home next week but I’m not getting my hopes up too much.  I’d better sign off now.  I’m beginning to get drowsy.  I love you, darling.

Love,

Art

* Nice clip of Joseph Dunninger exposing spiritualism tricks of the trade.  The Dunninger clip comprises only the first four minutes of the video.

(This afternoon – June's birthday cards.)

© 2011 Lee Price

No comments:

Post a Comment